This month, Spice Quarter has been featured in the "What's New" section on the ah-mazing foodie-fit website Eat This Burn That
You can read our whole interview on their website or simply scroll below.
What’s New is a series on Eat This Burn That showcases any new products, events and studios that we discover. Pretty much anything new and upcoming around the health & fitness, beauty & lifestyle world! "
Watch this space because Eat This Burn That are going to be cooking up some of our recipes too!
If you would like to learn more about meal planning and meal prepping, grab your FREE copy of the Meal Prep 101 Guide from Eat This Burn That!
1. Tell us a little about your business!
Spice Quarter is an Australian monthly spice subscription box. Every month we send you three gourmet, organic spice blends and matching kitchen tested recipes. We develop all the recipes ourselves and we ensure that our recipes are low-cost, healthy and can be prepared using common pantry ingredients.
You can view videos for all our recipes on our website. Spice Quarter also supplies bulk spices to retailers and other businesses. At Spice Quarter we want to take you on an adventure around the world from your own kitchen!
2. What are the health benefits of Spice Quarter spice blends
Spice Quarter spice blends are always organic, paleo and vegan. We only ever use pure blended spices. This means that we never add any msg, fillers, preservatives or colours in any of our blends. We also blend the spices fresh to ensure that our customers get the maximum flavour and shelf life.
Our recipes are healthy, low-cost and use common pantry ingredients. You don’t need to be an experienced cook to use Spice Quarter. You just need to enjoy great food!
3. What is your key/ most popular product? And why?
Our most popular product is the 12 month subscription because you save $40 with a longer subscription! With this subscription option you effectively get 2 months free and only pay for 10 months. As delivery is free anywhere in Australia our customers have no extra charges. We also have 3 and 6 month subscriptions available.
4. What inspired you to start your business?
I started Spice Quarter because I was frustrated at the lack of healthy dry spices in the supermarket. I found that I was buying several bottles of spices to make one recipe and usually the spices would go to waste since I only needed a small amount. The spice mixes in the supermarket also include additives, colours and preservatives. The solution was to create my own blends and make them available to everyone else that wants healthy and diverse cooking options.
5. What is your proudest achievement to date?
I was extremely proud the day we sent off our first orders! Our customers have loved our spice blends and that is the real measure of success.
6. Take us through a day in your life as the founder of Spice Quarter.
As well as being the founder of Spice Quarter I am also a consultant. Once I finish my consulting role, the business hat goes on! My day usually starts with some meditation and a quick overview of my task journal (I use bullet journaling to keep on track). I then review new orders, deal with correspondence and talk to customers and suppliers as needed. Depending on the day I may also be cooking up a new recipe, photographing our products or writing our blog!
(Editor’s Note: Doesn’t Megna have the dream job? Cooking up a new recipe, photographing and writing blogs! ALSO, if you haven’t already get on the bullet journalling bandwagon – you gotta check it out STAT! It has definitely changed the way I work and improve my productivity & build new habits!)
7. What’s your philosophy for leading a healthy and active life? Do you think that has helped you with your business
My philosophy for leading a healthy and active life is to take care of my mental and physical health first. I avoid burnout and manage stress through meditation. I exercise for at least 30 minutes everyday, usually with a walk. I eat lots of healthy home cooked meals made using my own spice blends!
My principle of self-care has definitely helped me in my business. Running a business and juggling other roles at the same time is challenging! I think that I perform better at my various roles because I am physically and mentally fit and I prioritise my health. As an example, if my body and mind are telling me to take a rest then I do, even if I haven’t finished the blog I am writing or tackled all my tasks for the day. I do this because I know that I am a better business owner when I am in the right mental frame of mind and I am feeling refreshed and energised.
8. Where can we find you? Any exciting projects?
- You can find us online at www.getspicequarter.com. You can order subscriptions, gift cards, watch our recipe videos and read our recipes online. We will also be attending the Grounds of Alexandria market in October. Drop by and say hi!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spicequarter/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spicequarterau/
- If you are interested in signing up to our monthly subscription (with a minimum subscription of 3 months), you get to try your first month for free with the code 1MONTHFREE
- We have also introduced a pre paid option – our One Time Box to try out the first box rather than committing to 3 months subscription.