Roasting Spice Blend - Chicken in Cups
Chicken thigh is such a versatile cut of meat. It is easy to cook, does not dry out and takes on so much flavour. That is why thigh is one of our favourite chicken cuts to cook (and eat!)
We favour the double cooking method - pan fry on both sides then pop it in the oven to cook through. Of course, you must add the spice and seasoning mix in first!
If you need dinner in a hurry or an easy to assemble appetiser for your next social event, then this recipe is perfect!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Roasting Spice Blend
- 2 boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 1 chopped cucumber
- salt & pepper
- lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil with the Roasting Spice Blend and mix well
- Rub the spice mix on the chicken evenly on both sides and set aside
- To a hot pan add 1 tbsp of oil, place chicken and sear for 1 minute on each side
- Place the seared chicken on baking tray lined with baking paper
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes* or till the chicken is completely cooked
- Mix yogurt & cucumber and season with salt & pepper
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice it and place it on the lettuce cups and top it with the yogurt mixture
- Garnish with coriander and serve
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!