Polynesian food spans entire oceans from Hawaii to New Zealand and several island countries along the way. Polynesian cuisine is very closely connected to the elements of nature like food and earth. This cuisine is known for using natural elements to their fullest.
Coconuts, fruit and meat all feature in Polynesian cuisine. We had a taste of Polynesian food in New Zealand and really enjoyed it! We liked it so much that we were inspired to use the flavours of Polynesia in a Spice Quarter spice box.
We hope you enjoy this lovely blend in this simple one-pot Paprikash Chicken recipe.
- 10g butter
- 4 pieces of bone-in chicken
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 15g Polynesian Spice Blend
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat
- Place the chicken in the pot and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside
- In the same pot, add the onions and cook until translucent
- Add the red peppers, mix well and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the Polynesian Spice Blend and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add 2 cups of stock, the chicken and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through*
- Temper the sour cream by adding 2 tbs of the sauce and mixing well. Add the sour cream into the pot and stir through
- Serve with steamed rice or bread
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!