This month we detour to Canada and introduce the Montreal spice blend. You may also know it as Montreal Steak Seasoning. While steak is the common ingredient this blend is used with, we at Spice Quarter tried a unique vegetarian twist
We all love burgers and a healthy burger is always a better burger!
So this month, we are creating a healthy home made mushroom burger flavoured with the Montreal spice blend
The Montreal spice is a mix of sweet and spicy and it goes well with juicy tomatoes, fresh mushrooms and fried onions. Read on to find out how you can create this recipe at home as well
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 5g Montreal Spice Blend
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil and Montreal Spice Blend.
- Place the mushrooms in the bowl and evenly coat with marinade. Set aside at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with olive oil
- Place the mushrooms on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes* on each side, or until tender. Brush with remaining marinade
- While the mushrooms cook, grill the onions for 1-2 minutes
- Top the mushrooms with cheese during the last minute of cooking
- Create the burger by placing lettuce and grilled portobello mushrooms on the buns and topping with the grilled onions, sliced tomato and avocado
Make sure you seal your spices tight and store in a dry place until you need it again.
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!