Mexican Stuffed Onion Rings
When you think of Mexican food, you must think of tacos, burritos and nachos, right?
But Mexican flavours are so diverse and adaptable that they can be used in many different preparations!
We have added a new item to the Mexican Food scene with this Stuffed Onion Rings recipe. A spicy potato filling with cheese and our Mexican Spice Blend make this the perfect snack food for any occasion.
- 2-3 potatoes
- 5g Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 large onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- cubed cheese
- 1 tbs oil
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes. Add the Mexican Spice Blend, oil, half the breadcrumbs and mix until combined
- Cut the onion into thick slices and separate the rings
- Make an egg wash by combining the egg and milk. Whisk well and season with salt and pepper
- Fill the onion rings with the potato mixture and push a cube of cheese in the center
- Dip the onion rings in the egg wash then coat it in breadcrumbs
- Brown the rings on a hot, oiled pan for 1-2 minutes on each side
- Finish in the oven at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!