Harissa Chicken and Chickpeas in a Pan
Harissa is a middle eastern spice blend. It is also found in Africa and has a characteristic spice to it. This spice blend is packed with so much flavour that there is no end to how you can use it! We have made a simple yet flavorful one-pan dish with chicken and chickpeas. This meal is perfect for family dinners and is a certain crowd pleaser
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Harrisa Spice Blend
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked rice
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt on both sides
- In a hot skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and sear the chicken on both sides for 1-2 minutes or till brown. Remove from pan and place aside
- In the same skillet pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and caramelise onions. Add chopped tomato and cook till soft
- Add the Harissa Spice Blend, chickpeas, stock and mix well. Season if needed
- Place the chicken skin up in the skillet pan
- Place the skillet pan in the oven and cook for 25 minutes* or till the chicken is completely cooked
- Once cooked, take the skillet pan out and let it cool slightly
- Serve with bed of rice and garnish with squeeze of lemon and parsley
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!