Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
Would you like to escape to the Caribbean? The sun, the sand, the cocktails and the parties!
With Spice Quarter you can go wherever you want from your very own kitchen.
Our globally inspired spice blends will transport you to every corner of the world!
This month, we are travelling to the Caribbean with a very simple recipe - Mojito Chicken.
This recipe is so easy and so fool-proof that even the laziest of cooks can make it!
What makes it so special? It is the rum! Try spiced or flavoured rum for an exotic twist or replace with tequila for a more intense flavour.
However if you do not drink or you do not have rum at hand, never fear. You can simply leave it out and the Mojito chicken will taste just as great!
Our vegetarian subscribers need not fear, we have a great Mango and Pineapple Salsa recipe as well.
10g (1 tbs) Carribean Jerk Spice Blend
30ml (1oz) of rum
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
2 chicken thigh pieces
- Combine the Caribbean Jerk Spice Blend, rum, sugar, mint leaves, lime juice and oil in a bowl to make the marinade
- Add the chicken to the mariande and coat thoroughly
- Marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and roast at 180C (356F) for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve with a fresh salad
- one ripe mango
- one pineapple
- one white onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5g (1/2 tbs) Carribean Jerk Spice Blend
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Dice the mango and pineapple into even pieces
- Chop the onion finely (use less onion if you prefer)
- Add the mango, pineapple and onion to a bowl and toss together
- Pour the lemon juice and sprinkle the Carribean Jerk Spice Blend over the salsa
- Roughly tear the coriander and add it to the bowl
- Toss the salsa together and serve fresh
Did you like this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Make sure you seal your spices in their handy zip packs and store in an dry place until you need it again.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you may be featured on our profile
Do you want to be a part of our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and we may feature you and your creations!
Here's to great cooking!