- 150g Hoki fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 5g Seafood Sensation Blend
- basil leaves
- Slice the Hoki fillets into even sizes. Score the fillets on the skin side
- Cover the skin side with the Seafood Sensation Spice Blend and press lightly
- Place the filet on some cling film and cover the surface with basil leaves. Wrap the fillet tightly
- Poach the wrapped fillets in a saucepan with lightly simmering water for 5-6 minutes* and set aside
- Melt some butter in a pan and sauté onions until translucent
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper
- Add the peas and toss over a medium heat until cooked. Set aside
- Cut the clingfilm to gently open up the poached fish fillets
- Serve the poached hoki on a bed of sautéed vegetables
Make sure you seal your spices tight and store in a dry place until you need it again.
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!
Here's to great cooking!