It is difficult to define what kind of flavour symbolises Australia but we have given it our best shot. What do you think of when you picture Australia? Sunburnt red earth, warm land, cold oceans and sandy beaches? That is what we see every day here in Australia.
We have tried to capture this in the Aussie spice blend. It is red like the land, it is smoky and warm like the air but with hints of coolness like oceans!
There are so many ways to use this spice blend. You can use it as a meat rub, add it to stews and soups or bake it into your favourite lasagne recipe.
Well, we had a hankering for a hearty brunch on a rainy morning and that is how this recipe was born! A spiced onion and tomato mix is added to eggs and baked in mushrooms to create an easy family pleaser. This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers or cook the eggs as an omelette as per your family's preference.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and if you want to purchase this spice or any of our fantastic range, head over to our website
- 4 large mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 5g Aussie Spice Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Clean the mushrooms and remove their stems
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Warm the mushrooms in the oven at 180C (250F) for 10 mins
- Meanwhile, add butter and olive oil to a hot pan
- Saute the onions, then add tomatoes and Aussie Spice Blend
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on high or until softened. Cool the mixture
- Whisk 2 eggs with the milk and add the spiced vegetables.
- Stir well
- Pour the egg mix into the mushroom cups and top with cheese
- Cook the mushrooms in the oven at 180C (250F) for 10-15 mins or until the egg is cooked
- Season and serve
Make sure you seal your spices tight and store in a dry place until you need it again.
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!