Is there any continent as full of wonder, surprise and mystery as Africa? In amongst its breathtaking lands we can find everything from bushland to dessert to rain forest. There are thousands of tribes in Africa, each with their own distinct cultures, traditions and cuisines.
The best known form of African cuisine is the North African delicacies. We enjoy African cuisine so much that we have introduced it not once, but twice at Spice Quarter. Today we have prepared a simple soup that is perfect for colder months when you want to snuggle on the couch with a warm bowl of nourishing soup.
- 10g butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups stock
- 15g African Spice Blend
- 250g chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- toasted bread
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the chopped onion
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the celery and carrots
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 5 mins and add 2 cups of water
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft
- Blend the mix and return to the pot
- Add 2 cups of stock and 15g African Spice Blend
- Bring to the boil and add 250g chopped cauliflower
- Add one cup of cooked chickpeas
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes*
- Serve with toasted bread
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!