Spice Quarter is an Australian monthly spice subscription box. Every month we send you three gourmet, organic spice blends and matching kitchen tested recipes.
At Spice Quarter we want you to cook delicious meals at home easily. That's why we have crafted and tested so many easy recipes with simple ingredients and our organic spice blends are packed with flavour.
Remember our blends are vegan, organic, paleo and always free from msg, fillers, additives, colors or preservatives. We only send you pure blended spices.
So have you made your own granola yet?
The day we tested this recipe our kitchen smelt incredible! Like Christmas came early!
The key to great granola is choosing the right ingredients. With our Healthy Breakfast Spice Blend we have created a combination of spices that are perfectly suited to make a healthy breakfast staple that the whole family can enjoy.
We really do recommend that you experiment with your ingredients for this recipe. We have used sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds and dried fruit but you can use anything you like! Use ingredients you have at home like dried apricots, walnuts or even chocolate chips (we wont tell anyone!)
Not only is the Spice Quarter Healthy Breakfast Spice Blend perfect for granola, you can also try adding a dash to your morning oats or sprinkle over french toast. Add a teaspoon to your cake mix to make it wonderfully fragrant and flavorful.
This spice blend has cinnamon, turmeric and chia seeds
Did you know that turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant?
Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
And cinnamon has antifungal, antibacterial, and even antiviral properties!
To make this delicious home made granola you need:
- 300g (10.5oz) rolled oats
- 10g (1tbs) Healthy Breakfast Blend
- 100g (3.5oz) pumpkin seeds
- 100g (3.5oz) sunflower seeds
- 100g (3.5oz) mixed dried fruits
- 75g (2.5oz) sliced almonds
- 150ml maple syrup
- 2tbs vegetable oil
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix the oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and the Healthy Breakfast Blend until well combined
- Add the rolled oats and stir until coated
- Add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds and stir until all ingredients are coated in the wet mix
- Spread the granola mix on two baking trays and bake in the oven at 160C (320F) for 20 minutes. Rotate or swap the trays halfway through if your oven needs it
- Stir the granola mix and scatter the dried fruit over the top
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes
- Cool and serve with yoghurt & fruit
You can store your homemade granola in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Did you like this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Make sure you seal your spices in their handy zip packs and store in an dry place until you need it again.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you may be featured on our profile
Do you want to be a part of our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!
Here's to great cooking!