We have been planning a Chinese spice blend for a long time and which blend from Chinese cuisine is more well-known than the 5 spice blend?
There are so many ways to use this blend, it is incredibly versatile. We have kept it simple with these homemade dumplings. Dumplings are very easy to make, you don't need to know any fancy techniques, just fold the wrapper over the mixture and seal the edges
If you do not have a steamer you can just use a frying pan with 1-2 cm of water in it, place the dumplings inside, cover and steam for a few minutes.
- 250 g chicken breast mince
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese Five Spice Blend
- 2 chopped red chilli
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 1 cup shredded mix of carrot & cabbage
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pack pre made dumpling wrappers
- In a bowl add the chicken mince, Chinese 5 Spice Blend, chilli, spring onion, shredded vegetables and soy sauce and mix well
- This mixture will make up to 40 dumplings
- On a flat surface place the dumpling wrapper and scoop 1 tsp of the dumpling mixture onto the wrapper
- Then lightly wet the edges of the wrapper using water and seal the dumpling by folding in half
- Once all dumplings are prepared, use a steamer to cook the dumplings. Steam the dumpling for around 5-6 minutes* or until cooked through
- Once cooked, serve with soy sauce garnished with some chopped chilli
Spice Quarter is an Australian online spice shop. We supply freshly blended, dry spice mixes with matching recipes. We have a range of spices, spice box sets and gift boxes. Our spice blends combine the best and freshest herbs and spices into unique flavours. We craft simple yet delicious recipes that are easily prepared at home.
Check out all our recipes on our blog.
If you haven't already, check out our monthly subscription option. For only $19.95 per month you get all our spice blends and recipes delivered straight to your door.
Share pictures of your Spice Quarter Spice Blend creations with us! Tag @spicequarter on Instagram or use #myspicequarter and you could be featured on our profile.
Do you want to be featured in our Monthly Newsletter? Send us an email at email@example.com with pictures of your creations and you could be in our next newsletter!